Hello, guys. My friend was diagnosed bulimia. I think she has more serious form since she is hospitalized. I think her stomach is wrong or something like that. I would like to know how bulimia affects upper digestive tract. I would appreciate if anyone could reply me. Thanks for all your replies.

Hello. Bulimia can have effect on upper digestive tract. Heartburn is only one of the problems. One of the complications is perforation of esophagus. This can be really dangerous. Irritation and other damages of esophagus are also possible. You should consult a doctor for more details. I am not familiar with all. I hope someone else will help you more. Sorry that I can’t. Bye!

Hello there. This is very nasty condition and since your friend is hospitalized I presume that she has been suffering from this condition for quite some time. Unfortunately many girls these days are trying to look slim like in commercials and because of that they end up just like your friend. I hope that she will manage to recover without some serious consequences and that her heart is going to be fine because this is the first thing that gets hurt during the bulimia condition.

After the treatment she will need to visit psychiatrist for some time because this problem is starting in her mind and she needs to realize that slim until you end up in hospital isn’t good!

Try to be there for her and I hope that she will recover.