I would like to know why my eyes are so dry. It is like I don’t have enough tears in my eyes. It is like something is always in my eye, like I have sand in eye. I am 55 years old. I wear contact lenses for ten years. Is that has something to do with it? What else could cause it?

Contact lenses certainly have its role in your eye dryness. They absorb the tear film and cause proteins to form on surface of the lens. Also you are in age when body produces less oils then it use to do in your 20s. Cigarette smoke also affects the eyes and cause them to dry. Climate and altitude has its roles too. Also you may suffer from conditions like Parkinson’s and Sjorgen’s disease.