Few days ago I put my contact lenses for the first time. Since then I wear glasses. But recently I decided to try with contact lenses. But my eyes reacted and now they are itching. Tell me, please, what is your opinion about my problem? Are my eyes itching because of prescription contact lenses?

I’m sorry but I need to say you that contact lenses may be the main reason of your problem. I also tried to use contact lenses few years ago and I had similar reaction as you. The fact that a contact lens is constantly touching the eye leads to the possibility of an allergy or infection.

Well,
Yes this is most likely caused by the contact lenses. The fact is that contact lenses are something new to your eyes and they need time to adjust and to get used to contact lenses being in your eyes all the time. I would suggest that you don’t give up in first two weeks and see if your eyes will adjust. If you still have problems see your doctor again and see if something else is wrong with your eyes. How long have you been wearing glasses? Do you have astigmatism or some other condition? You need to take good care of your eyes when you have contact lenses in your eyes.

All the best,
Nelie