I have had a hemorrhoid for about a week now. It is an external hemorrhoid. I have used all the OTC products and am no longer experiencing any pain or itching or anything. I've started eating more fiber and drinking more water. This was caused, Im sure, by a brief bout with constipation that I had suffered thru just before. I've never had this problem before and there is no bleeding involved at all.

Im currently using Vicks during the day, and a natural concoction I came across at the drug store that's charcoal and horse chestnut at night (you have to leave on for 12 hrs.) and using Tucks witch hazel pads for cleansing.

And it's STILL THERE!!! Do these suckers ever just go away?
How long should I expect my new little friend to be with me? Please don't tell me that once it's there, it's there forever!!! o.O

Yes, hemorrhoids can go away. Depending on their severity, they go away at different times than others. In your case, since it's a one-time thing, it should go away within a few days. Since it's only been a week, give it a few more days.

I heard that it can take up to 6 weeks to go away however there is a chance that it'll leave a small flap of skin called a "skin tag", and you run the risk of the hemmorhoid reoccuring. I've got the same thing and went to The Center for Colorectal Health to have it removed. The doc checked me out and found 3 internal hemmorhoids, and ended up banding one of them. I've got to return for 2 more visits to get the other 2 removed. The doc said that if you've got an external one you've probably got internal ones too. You might want to be checked out. Appearently having the external one removed is more painful. I'm going to talk to the doctor about this on my next visit in 2 weeks.