I talked to my doctor today and told him I heard the traditional hemorroidectomy was supposedly pretty brutal. He agreed and suggested possibly "cauterizing" the external hemorroid as an alternative.

Does anyone know anything about this procedure on external roids?

I've had numerous IRC laser treatments for my internal roids and those treatments were a piece of cake...no pain at all. I probably should have asked more questions, but perhaps that's the same procedure that he's talking about when he says "cauterizing" except it's external instead of internal.

He said beforehand, I'd have to be injected with a numbing agent. But after the procedure things would not be bad at all. I'd be back on my feet and wouldn't be bedridden.

Look, when it comes to the pain and when this pain happens, you really don't want to choose hemorrhoids treatment anymore. I know because I went thought this hell and this ugly pain and discomfort from hemorrhoids can be debilitating and killing. The swollen and inflamed veins impact more than 15-million people around the whole world and that is devastating

There are so many different treatments, but when you choose some of them you need to keep at your mind that some of the most effective treatment can have serious side effects. Now there is a new non-invasive treatment that is making these bleeding blood vessels disappear almost effortlessly.

I suggest you to talk to your doctor, consult him which treatment is the best. He should know. 

My doctor helped me a lot and thanks to him I never had issues with hemorrhoids anymore. 

I definitely hear that doing something like a laser treatment can be superior to normal methods so I would recommend that if it's something that your doctor recommends then you should go for it. You are luck y that they they are exteranl instead of internal anyway because those are far harder to treat. Did your doctor mention what the length of the procedure would be or the cost? I think a lot of us would like to know. Thanks for posting!

No, he didn't say. My internal IRC treatments took less than 5 minutes each. So if that's any indication, then it probably wouldn't be long....again, assuming this cauterizing treatment is the same thing.

I don't know about the cost either. Even though I got laid off from my job, I still have insurance under the COBRA plan so I've got the perfect window of opportunity to take care of these roids once and for all without worry and embarassment from telling an employer and co-workers.

Roidrage, I'm happy you posted, but a little pissed as well.

I had a thrombosed (lots of blood clots) hemorrhoid lanced and excised on June 5th.... in which I thought that was my only option. It came on in an instant, don't know why (probably my last pregnancy).... just was there externally and I just told my doc to do whatever she could as fast as she could as I was vacationing the next week. She told me I would be back on my feet in 1 week.

Um, pretty sure I'm better, but not anywhere near 100% after almost 2 weeks. I'm super pissed that there are "cauterizing" alternatives to a hemorrhoidectomy.- or an external hemi. I'm more than positive that I have internal hemi's, and will not seek out my same doc to have those removed.

I have heard of the hemorrhoidlysis, my sister in law had it done with her internal hemi's, they have never recurred and it was virtually painfree.

I'm amazed right now about my stupidity and not enduring one more day of pain to find a doc that might have different, more alternative procedures that are easier afterwards.

If anybody has a choice to remove these with just 5% less pain, I would do it and I would pay double the money!