I am miserable. I am 9 months pregnant and have horrible thrombosed hemorroids -- anyone had removal this late in pregnancy???

I do not think they will do it while you are pregnant. Plus they may go away after pregnancy since pregnancy is a major cause.

Did you try sitting in the warm bath. I used epsom (?) salt (sell it in big bag at pharmacy) in the hot water. It gave me some relief after a few days.
Hang in there, hopefully after the birth they will go away on their own.

oh my gosh, i'm so sorry to hear this. i just had a thrombosed external hemi removed. i can't imagine the pain you must be in. i don't think they will remove it. how closer are you to your due date? I was induced with all 3 of my kids, but with my last child, induced at 39 weeks, doc wouldn't do it before then. If you hemi is that big and bad, I would see your ob yesterday and a rectal surgeon yesterday.

Make sure you do all your homework before. somebody posted on here about having their thrombosed hemi cut open and then the leftover skin cauterized? Not sure if that is an option, but I would do whatever I can to NOT have a hemorrhoidectomy.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make sure they check you internally after the baby. I was in your position....not thrombosed, but my hemi's never went away after my 3rd baby and everybody including my o.b. said it would go away. They never bothered me, but I think over time, they just got worse and worse and then I had an emergency situation. If I had just been diligent and listened to myself and gone into a rectal doc, I could have avoided all this pain and torture.

I'm so sorry about your pain.

Go see your doc's NOW.

The first time I had one the doc just poped it and that made me feel so much better. It went away for about a year but it came back with a vengence. I had to have 3 internal and 1 external removed. Not going to lie here, the surgery is the worst thing I have ever had done. But it is well worth it in the end. No pun intended.

See if your doc will pop it. All they do is numb the area cut it and it heels on its own. That didn't bother me at all really.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

I had no idea that a doctor could pop one of those. Can you tell me a little more about that? Why were you able to get it popped the first time but had to have surgery the next time?

I just had minor in-office surgery to have a thrombosed hemorrhoid removed yesterday. I'm 35 weeks pregnant - so they will do it! I was in so much pain from the H that I went to a proctologist to have him look at it, I was thinking he'd just give me some pain meds/cream and I'd be on my way! He said it really had to be removed. Oh wow, was that AWFUL! And the recovery last night was difficult.

I'm starting to feel better today - very weak, in pain but I'm doing better. I'm trying to stop taking the pain meds and just take Tylenol because the pain meds aren't making me feel very well. I'm just waiting for my first BM - which I am SCARED TO DEATH OF!!!! I have 5 stitches in my bum and I'm afraid of tearing them.

Good luck - that thrombosed H was one of the worst pains of my life - and I have had a c-section!! That was a walk in the park compared to this!

Thank you for your post. 

I am 31 weeks pregnant and this is my first baby at 40 and my first thrombosed hemorroid! I went to my Ob yesterday and she is sending me to a specialist. It hurts so very bad. I was wondering if laser relief can be done. I can't sleep, can sit, can do a thing. I can poo if I stand up believe it or not. I've tried everything! Tucks, creams, sitz baths, nothing works. God help me because it's awful. 

I wonder after all these years from your posting how you are doing now?