Hi, My name is Jason. I recently discovered a small lump under the skin very near the opening of my anus but it is not protruding from it therefor I don't believe that it is internal. It is quite uncomfortable when I'm walking or sitting but no real bad pain as of right now. It is about the size of the end of my pinky finger and pinkish looking just like the color of my skin. I can touch it and it's not sore to the touch, I am wondering if external hemmerhoid is my condition and if this can go away without seeing a doctor or would you suggest I see a Physician about this? I have had this problem for about a day and a half now. It is more less an uncomfortable feeling as to being painful. I do alot of heavy lifting at my job which leads me to believe thats my problem. If I can ( and hope ) take care of this at home , which types of medications would anyone suggest? I am currently keeping preperation H on it for now in hopes that it will go away. Thanks in advance.

According to your description, it could be external hemorrhoid.
Those hemorrhoid creams (like Preparation H) and suppository serve only for reducing the symptoms, which you don’t have-or at least you didn’t mention (besides the discomfort). They don’t make you get rid of hemorrhoids.
Sometimes can hemorrhoids go away on their own, it may be helpful if you wash anal area every time after having bowel movements.

If not caused because of constipation, hemorrhoids do occur after either lifting heavy objects or lifting relatively light objects improperly. They may also occur after prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
I suppose you are lucky for not having any extreme symptoms because these hemorrhoids can be nasty.

Because you didn’t report suffering from constipation, I suppose you don’t have to worry so much about your nutrition (if your stools are soft).

What you could do is learn how to lift things properly, by bending your knees and not your back. Take deep breaths and exhale every time you lift. If you could avoid heavy lifting, it would be good but I am not sure if that’s possible. When you have to sit for a long time, make sure you make breaks and strech often to relieve the pressure and promote circulation.
You could introduce regular exercise in your free time and try not to get dehydrated.

Thank you for the reply Jannie, I was beggining to wonder if anyone would answer my topic. It has been about 4 or 5 days now since I have noticed the problem and although it is still there I have VERY little annoyance from it at all which I'm hoping means that it's healing on it's own. I have been keeping it clean and using "Tucks " pads and Preperation H for the little bit of discomfort I have been having but I'm hoping it's going away Thank you again.

Hi my name is larry. I have a large bluish lump around my anus only after i have bowel movements but it quickly resolves. I also notice that I have alot of anal itching that started around the same time as the lump.. I think this is a external hemorrhoid? Will this go away or will I always have the lump when I have a bowel movement. please advise thank you