:-( i HAVE recently had an external hemorroid removed. The dr.called it a tag. But right after the surgery, I had this pushing impulse that I couldn't control!! It was terrible! Now I am in pain from the surgery AND another hemorroid!!! Plus severe itching. All he will let me do is warm baths, and oral pain killers. I am taking Darvocet but don't like taking it due to the Tylenol in it! Can anyone relate to this??

Yes. Did your tags ever go away? I just had surgery for my external hemm's and I have nubby versions of my hemorrhoids---they look like they are still there---just shorter. I would appreciate any advice.

My understanding of Hemmorhoids is that they are caused by constant pushing during a BM and in that constant pushing you are weakening the walls of the veins in and around the anus. In getting the hemmorhoid removed it does not stop the underlying cause of getting them in the first place ie. pushing while going to the toilet. There are 2 ways of getting rid of them one is realy only temporary ( dietery change and this will help tremendously) the other is surgery. As far as i know of there are two veins that supply this area and in cutting/tying these veins off (like in DG-HAL) this will cut all blood supply to the affected area.

As this is a new treatment (10 years or so) and developed in China they have had a good success rate of do this type of proceedure but in saying that i'm not sure if it is effective for external hemmorhoids.