Apprentice

Here is the thing guys. I have recently visited my doctor because I wasn't feeling well and he told me to run some tests, and among them, blood tests too. So, I did what I was told and the results came today. Turns out that I suffer from high hemoglobin. So, what I would like to ask you is if this is a permanent issue or what? I would like to know if this would pass by itself or do I have to take some treatments for it? Is it something dangerous, or just something I should tolerate and do nothing about?

Hey man. What you are saying is potentially dangerous but it doesn't mean that you are suffering from something at all. for example, if you are a smoker, or you like to light a cigarette from time to time, than it is a high possibility that you have high hemoglobin in your blood because of that bad habit. In that case, it is not dangerous or life threatening. 

But in other cases, it is important for you to know that high hemoglobin levels cannot be seen as a condition or an illness because it simply does nothing but serves as a sign that something might be wrong.

High hemoglobin is not an uncommon case among people nowadays. You should know that it happens to pregnant women too and acts as an indicator on some diseases. High hemoglobin occurs because it doesn't bound to your blood and then you have "free" hemoglobin roaming your body, so that is the problem. For example, there are lung diseases in which your lungs aren't able to produce enough oxygen so they replace oxygen with hemoglobin. In any case, you should go and check yourself up with some doctor, if you start feeling any symptoms. Do that as soon as possible and keep in touch.

hi guys. 

my friend Anne has been diagnosed with high hemoglobin and I don't think that there is anything wrong with her. She was diagnosed when we went to donate blood and the doctor told her that she has high hemoglobin and that she shouldn't donate blood. I don't know why is this happening and what is causing it but my granddad suffered from lowered hemoglobin and I don't seem to know the difference between those two. my granddad died a natural death, and my friend is okay and well, but I have heard that high hemoglobin might be an indicator that something's wrong,.

That is exactly what I wanted to say because my friend also suffers from high hemoglobin and I don't see a particular difference between the people who have high hemoglobin and those who have normal or lowered hemoglobin at all. he is able to do physical work just as I am so I don't know why it's important at all. But, you should go to a hematologist about this issue and he will probably establish a diagnose based on your results and therefore treat you properly. you shouldn't be worried though, I don't think that it is a big deal at all.

It is not true that there is completely nothing to be worried about. But, if you are a smoker, you have less reason to believe that your life is in potential danger and that you have some kind of serious disease. It is also common thing for athletes who are taking EPO which is used for treating patients with anemia, so if you are in that group of people, you should be fine and well. Also, if you live in a place with lower oxygen density, than it's normal for your hemoglobin to be higher than it's normal. write to us.

This is totally true. High hemoglobin could also get raised by itself because of lack of water in your body. So, you should watch out not to dehydrate if you want to keep the hemoglobin level in normal limits. If you are taking testosterone for any reason, this might be a side effect that is kind of usual. But you might be unaware of some diseases you might have since you have high hemoglobin. It is possible to have liver cancer or kidney cancer, COPD and chronic lung diseases as well as aplastic anemia and polycythemia. those are all some serious conditions.

When me and my brother were just kids, the doctors had him run blood tests and it came back with some bad news. He had high hemoglobin in his blood. He did the tests again and they came back with similar results so we were sure that he had suffered from it. But, over the course of years, nothing significant happened to him. I mean, he got sick, but just like me and other kids, we are talking about normal kinds of flues and fevers and those diseases which every kid goes through. Nothing serious has ocurred to him and I hope it stays that way.