Today my dad went in for the Merkel Scan, because his hemoglobin count was all the way up to 12 on Friday. Nothing out of the ordinary showed up on that test either, but it last time he checked was over 8 I think. He will go in again next Monday to have the hemoglobin count checked again and doctors are going to consult and see if they can figure anything out in the meantime. Is anyone else here with same problem?

Apparently my dad's hemoglobin count is over 8 too. We have no idea what caused his blood loss, so he has his little nuclear test tomorrow. We all hope this will all be resolved tomorrow then. He was never sick before, but this year things got stressful in the family. Also, he had to work insane hours. He’s definitely been stressed out, but hopefully he'll finally start relaxing and not get sick anymore. My dad's pretty tough, but also stubborn.

High/elevated hemoglobin levels can be caused by all sorts of medical conditions, anything from lung or heart disease to cancer, or dehydration and smoking. I would want to find out what is causing this, as the only thing you can do to treat high hemoglobin levels is to treat the underlying cause that led to them. 

Does your dad have any known medical issues that could be causing these issues? If you already know that there is something going on with his heart, lungs, or kidneys, you have your cause right there, most probably. In any case, I hope that the next test shows better results.