Apprentice

Hi to all. There is an issue that has been bothering me for a while now, because it is health related and I would like to get it resolved as quickly as possible. I recently went to my doctor's on my regular check up and he told me to do some blood tests, and thank God i was able to go and run those tests the day after because when the test results came, it turned out that i had a high hemoglobin level count. I'd like to know now what are the symptoms of it and if I should go to an expert about this issue? All useful opinions are welcome because I don't know what to do now.

Hey there. Well, it seems that you are unaware of any conditions which could be behind your high hemoglobin levels and that is the real problem here because the elevation of hemoglobin itself doesn't represent a condition in any particular way, it is high right now because your body wants to show you that there is something wrong. I have a question for you. I would like to know if you are a smoker. It is a common case with smokers to have a high hemoglobin. I am not sure why, but if you are, that is a potential reason for your issue.

Having a high or elevated hemoglobin could in fact mean a lot of this because high hemoglobin might be a part of some other diseases, such as aplastic anemia, I think. So, this is bad news for you right now, presuming you are not a smoker. There are also diseases which involve lungs and high hemoglobine, I know that there is one where your hemoglobin is not bound to the blood in your lungs and that makes a big deal. So, what I would suggest you right now is to see an expert for professional help about this. He'll know what it's all about.

there are numerous symptoms which can all be affecting variations of hemoglobin in your blood. you should know that if you are living in a town which is placed way above sea level that you would naturally end up with elevated or high hemoglobin. also, the period of year itself dictates the variation of hemoglobin because, when it's winter, especially december, you will have higher level of hemoglobin in your blood. if you are a professional athlete, or if you are taking supplements of some sort, than it is possible that the supplementation is the reason behind the elevation of hemoglobin.

Hey guys. 

I have also heard that it occurs often, especially to athletes and bodybuilders. It happens due to consuming EPO. It a substance which is used in sports and when dealing with anemia. by the way, you might be suffering from aplastic anemia, for instance. This is the case in which your bone marrow isn't able to produce red blood cells. So, the best thing for you to do now is to visit someone, professional. You will get an expert opinion, a diagnosis and the reason why it has started happening to you. Keep in touch, and if some results show up, tell us.

Hi. I am willing to include myself in this topic because my younger sis seems to be having issues with hemoglobin and I don't know what exactly am I supposed to do. Some say that it is not a big deal, and others say that I am ought to take her to the doctor's and I don't know what am I supposed to do now. I don't want to take her to the doctor's for nothing, because that will only make her scared, and I don't want something to happen to her because I did nothing. Any useful opinions or remarks?

Recently I discovered that the amount of hemoglobin in your blood might be increased due to "pink blood". I think that is the term. It is a condition in which you have very high triglyceride levels in your blood and what happens is that they change and mess up the volume of your blood. That can fool you on the tests and make your hemoglobin appear in bigger quantity than it really is. So, you should check every option, as far as I am concerned because there is nothing that will pass on its own. Check it out as soon as possible.

If you are asking me, you should have gone to an expert about this the day you found out the results. Listen, hemoglobin is in your blood and there is no messing around with blood. It represents the most important substance in all of our body and without it, nothing could properly work. Go as quickly as possible and set an appointment with a hematologist, in order to discover what is the reason behind hemoglobin elevation. believe me, that is the best thing for you to do right now because everything else is just stalling and that doesn't help at all.