Apprentice

I was recently doing a blood test. It wasn't anything serious. I just did it because I wanted to donate blood. I think that it's the ultimate gift from one person to another. Anyway, when I came to give my blood, they told me to run blood tests in order to verify if my blood is good to go, and by that I mean if it's proper and without any diseases. When the results came back, I had been told that I had high hemoglobin. I was very disappointed to hear that because I really wanted to donate blood so I was wondering what are the treament options for it?

Hey bro. I am very sorry to hear that. It is really unfortunate because so many people need blood transfusions and we are really talking about saving lives here. It is very noble of you to try but unfortunately, since you have high hemoglobin, you are unable to donate blood and it isn't going to happen. The important thing for you to know is that you need to understand that elevated hemoglobin means there is something wrong with you, and you have a potential disease carrying. It isn't a condition on itself and could only mean that you are sick.

Yes. Bad luck indeed. But, it is correct that high hemoglobin doesn't count as any particular kind of disease or condition, but can rather be used to interpret some signs your body is sending to you. And, mostly, those signs aren't a good thing at all. You might be facing aplastic anemia. That is really bad because that means that your bone marrow, the main producer of red blood cells, is being unable to produce them in normal quantities. In other terms, you are running out of red blood cells. But, that's just one of many other conditions. Be careful.

Hey there. It is important to know if you are a male or a female because the count of hemoglobin can variate based on that fact. But, since your doctor already told you that you have a high hemoglobin count, it means that it's off the ordinary charts. While many people are unable to donate blood because of this issue, there are cases in which this means that you have a rough time ahead of you. If it turns out bad for you, I mean if it turns out you are having a disease like anemia or some form of cancer, you would have a long recovery time ahead of you.

Hi guys. You have every right to be concerned about your issue. I am just wondering why hadn't you asked them at that very moment when they brought you those results which said you had high hemoglobin? That is a big mistake because you could have asked them right there what is the deal and they might have told you what to do next. But it doesn't matter. What you should do is visit doctor and find out what is the matter. Is this something to be concerned about more than you are right now or is it just normal?

Man's got a point. The doctor should know the best. I am not able to tell you what are the treatment options for elevated hemoglobin levels, in fact, I am not sure if there are any since this isn't an ordinary condition, this, I believe, doesn't count as a condition at all. It just serves to let you know that something bigger is on the line. It is on you to figure it out and see what is wrong with your body. We might be talking about your lungs or liver, it doesn't matter now because you need to find out is there a problem at all.

If it turns out that you are a host of a cancer, that is a real shame, man. From what I have heard, you might end up having liver or kidney cancer. They both occur because the cancers are blocking the ability of kidney or liver to transform the hemoglobin into bilirubin, presuming that I got it right. And that is a big issue because I don't know which are the treatments for healing and how will the cancer go away. But those two are on top of the list, so you better hope you are lucky enough to avoid it.

The important thing is to realize that high hemoglobin could be treated only as a part of a disease. That means that high hemoglobin is to be treated differently, depending on which illness you have. I am hoping that you have none, but if you have, then it's the only option. You can only treat it as a piece of other condition and therefore reduce it. You cannot reduce the high amount of hemoglobin in your blood alone. I think that it works like that. In any case, you should go and see that hematologist as quickly as possible. Keep us posted

I agree with the guy above on what he said. The most important thing for you right now is to see an expert in this field. By saying that I mean that you should just go and see the nearest hematologist about this concerning issue. I would suggest you to pick a good one, who can interpret all the signs in correct way, because there is no regretting later. I would advise you to direct all of your efforts to find out what is bothering you, presuming that there is something wrong, of course. Write to us about your doings.