Apprentice

Hi to all out there. I have been pregnant for a couple of months now and recently my husband made me do all the tests just to make sure that everything is al right with me and with the baby. So, I wen't and did full body scan, and I also did blood tests. A couple of days later, the blood tests arrived and I was left in shock when they told me that I have high hemoglobin. That sounds like something serious and I would like to know if there is a possibility that it will affect my baby. 

Hey girl. Well, while there is basically nothing to be too much worried about, you should have definitely checked it out days ago. High hemoglobin when pregnant might be an indicator that you are likely to have some troubles in the second half of your pregnancy. There is a condition called preeclampsia. It affects women in the last four months of pregnancy. Preeclampsia is a condition which is triggered by high blood pressure or hypertension. So, your high hemoglobin could be a sign that something might go wrong in the future. You should visit a hematologist about this issue, preferably quickly. 

Hey to all. 

I agree on this one that you should go and see someone about this issue. After all, what is more important than your baby? You should go as soon as possible and figure this out 'till the end. Every little detail in pregnancy, especially in earlier months could mean that there will be something wrong in latter months. So, do as you are told, see someone, an expert about this thing and hope for a treatment which will bring your troubles to an end. If you don't mind, it would be great if you wrote to us and kept in touch.

High or elevated hemoglobin is very important when talking about diseases which strike pregnant women, especially preeclampsia. When your hemoglobin gets high in pregnancy, it tends to constrict blood vessels. The bad thing is that those blood vessels are already constricted because of the fetus itself and that is the real problem. This makes your blood pressure go high. My sister has had troubles bringing my nephew to this world. She had such a difficult pregnancy with Peter. Now she is carrying another one and this pregnancy seems to be even more complicated. I know what it's like to worry about these things.

high hemoglobin is one of those things which variate and could one day be sky high and other day, just normal. it depends of you are retaining fluid or being dehydrated. it is important to avoid both things in pregnancy. being very careful in pregnancy is a necessity because even the slightest thing could hurt the baby. elevated hemoglobin in your blood could be a sign of preeclampsia, but nothing is for certain and that is why you should go and check it out for yourself. We can only guess here, but the doctors could establish you a proper diagnose for certain.

Yeah, this seems to be bothering a great percent of pregnant ladies out there. I have read that five percent of pregnant women suffer from preeclampsia and that high hemoglobin represents one of the symptoms. But, if we are talking about high hemoglobin in terms of pregnant women, we shouldn't forget that high hemoglobin could behave as a potential indicator on other, more serious diseases. If you are pregnant, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will suffer from preeclampsia, but high hemoglobin is an indicator of aplastic anemia and all sorts of lung diseases. You should keep that in mind.

That is correct. If you are having troubles with hemoglobin, it doesn't mean that it's preeclampsia. But at the same time, it doesn't mean that there aren't numerous conditions all of which a high hemoglobin represents a symptom. I should strongly advise you to do blood tests again because I think that high hemoglobin can variate based on a variety of facts. Do the blood tests again and if it's the same thing again, if we are talking about high hemoglobin which stays high, than you should get a treatment for it as soon as possible. Keep us posted about this.