Hello. I'm 23 year old male and I was hard smoker for eight years. As you see, I'm still young and I've decided to stop poisoning my self and to stop smoking.
I have tried to leave cigarettes by my self but it didn’t work. I have even used some special chewing gums for smoker but until I developed serious lung problems- I couldn’t stop.
I'm non-smoker for at least a month and now I'm having some other problems. Biggest is severe coughing. How this could be? I thought it will all disappear when I leave cigarettes but it seams to me that my symptoms are only getting worse.

Hi. First I want to tell you that, what you're experiencing is complete common and that many people were having problems with it.
I will tell you more about it. I don’t know how much do you know about all this but when we smoke every puff on a cigarette destroyed the cilia, tiny little hair-like formations on our respiratory tract.
They are natural respiratory filter.
When you quit smoking, logically they are starting to repair them self and coughing is a natural byproduct of the repairing cilia.
This only happens in first several weeks of out non-smoking period and once they grow on normal side- it stops.
So, try to live with it for couple of weeks and it will all stop!

I recently gave up smoking 5 days now. I must say it's hard but it's the best thing to do. After having a cough for a few days I went to my Dr, who says I have COPD!?! I'm now on puffers and I cough all the time actually I feel worse now than before my visit. Will this coughing ever go away, is there anyone out there that can shed some light on COPD, and how are you coping?