I was recently diagnosed with SCDS. My symptoms seem mild compared to what I have read are the likely symptoms. I only suffer from a constant feeling of fullness in my right ear, hearing my own voice inside my head & ocassionally muffled hearing. Last year, while my husband & I were visiting family in CA over the holidays - I caught a cold, which started on December 23. On December 26, we took a drive up into the mountains and I have just not been the same since - As the altitude increased along our drive, the sinus congestion from my cold suddenly moved to my right ear -- The pain was soooo severe I thought my head was going to explode! I continued to have severe to mild pain in my right ear for 3 months along with the SCDS symptoms of fullness in the ear, voice inside my head, foggy in the head, muffled hearing, sound disturbance, slight disorientation. Thankfully the pain has subsided and the foggy in the head & slight disorientation are gone too. I stll experience daily - the fullness in my ear. Less frequently I hear my voice in my head & muffled sounds. Is it possible the sinus pressure was enough to create the dehiscence, since I never had any of these problems, prior to my cold in December? Do the symptoms worsen or compound the longer you have SCDS? Are there any problems flying in an airplane? If anyone can comment on these questions or can steer my in a direction for answers - I would GREATLY appreciate it - Lisa65

Hi, I have had SCDS for several years, but have only recently been diagnosed. My symptoms have been getting worse. Along with the hearing issues, I have constant fatigue, migraines, neck pain, etc. The best thing to do is get on the support group

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Good luck,

Barb