I have a variety of new symptoms, I've have been hearing my heartbeat in my left ear and a swishing sound. I have had a few episodes of seeing spots on my left side usually in the morning and my sinuses are congested but my nose isnt' running. I've many people comment that my voice sounds different. Any suggestions.

Hi have you looked into whether the heartbeat sound may be pulsatile tinnitus?

Hi Michele, I have heard of that but I'm not entirely sure what it is. I do know however that it sounds serious and you should see a doctor about it. When would you be able to see a cardiologist or a GP about it?

I have been experiencing this in my left ear for years now, and I have always thought it was related to my hypothryoidism. However, I was diagnosed yesterday with stress-related TMJ/TMD and was told that the heartbeat sound in my ear can be a symptom of TMJ! I do notice that the more stress I have, the louder I hear my heartbeat. Anyone else notice if it's stress related? Or has TMJ problems or thyroid problems?

Michele, if your voice sounds different, this is one of the symptoms of thyroid issues. I had hyperthyroid (Graves disease) and then had radiation to kill my thyroid so I am now hypothyroid. My voice is much lower now and like I said I have the swishing/heartbeat sound in my ear as well. I would def have your Dr. check your thyroid levels.

i hav the same symptoms...weird isn't it?? my sinus is better although i have the swishing sound in my ears...and sometimes blurry vision or dots...

I am in Vietnam. I have encoutered the same problems and already come to see doctors. He said this may relate to the nerve, but in order to check this it may be a waste of time as it may be dangerous for my health. He advised me to live peacefully with the soud in my left ear. Please share any experence you have. Thanks.

I have had this now and then and it is always when I have had a head cold and also with the lingering sinus congestion afterward for sometimes as long as 3 or 4 weeks but it always goes away. I read that the sinus congestion pressure near the ear causes it.

I have the same thing. A few Yea ago I was DX with labrynthitis and had fluid in my inner ear. I still have fluid and Dr said it was just allergies. Sometimes allergy meds likezyrtec helps, sometimes making myself sneeze helps, but I also have constant pressure above my eyes like where my eyebrow bone is and always have excess mucous and popping in ears. I also have this detached sense of unawareness and brain fog like feeling. Very debilitating as it causes great anxiety. Any thoughts.

My daughter has been complaining of the very same symptoms. Dr prescribed antibiotics but they didn't help at all. Your brain fog comment is the exact same thing she complains about. Odd to hear someone else describe that. Have you figured anything more out since this post?