it all started with ear pain and dizziness. the doctor told me it might be vertigo and i might expierence belles palsy from it. well, I've been expierencing panic attacks since. recently ive been getting pains in my neck that feels like the pain goes up in to my head. I get head aches and severe sinus pressure. i get pain in the ear and get hot flashes? ive been to the ER 3 times in the past month and a half trying to figure it out and they told me everythings fine and gave me xanex for anxiety. has anyone ever had these symptoms?

I had my first Vertigo "episodes" on January 19th and had no idea what was happening. I thought it was directly related to the Cranieotomy I had in November but after 1 surgeon, 3 ENT doctors, 1 Neurologist and emergency hospital stay, not one doctor knows the exact cause.  They suspects sever sinusitis, to benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (or BPPV) but nothing is yet confirmed.  I'm now going to physical theraphy for Vestibular therapy (balance) and I take 2 Antivert tablets (25 mg) daily and it is helping. I also am doing the Brandt-Dorff exercise

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

.  I can't drive yet, and have missed out on job opportunities. FYI: The ENT and neurologist said if they cannot come up with a cause and I'm not better in a few weeks, they will recommend that I see either a Neuro-Otologist or go to a NeuroScience center (team of doctors) in Edison NJ.  I hope this helps, but no one every mentioned Belles Palsy to me.  

Good luck to you

I'm doing better now, but did have an episode 2 weeks ago while on the beach. Turned to quickly to the right and then vision blurred, hearing muffled and my head felt heavy. I fell forward. I have had MRAs on the head and beck arteries, CT scans of head and neck, and blood work, now going for a full cardio workup. ENT, opthalmologist, neurologist and Neuro surgeon don't know the cause. My carotidis fine, mm y ears and vision are fine. I'm going for vestibular physical therapy and it helps a lot. But I can bring on the dizziness and heavy head just by tuning my head right left right. I am certain it's in my neck but who knows. Next stop is a neuro-otoneurolgist at JFK NJ. He will evaluate me once all these tests are complete. After that, who knows.