When home alone, do you still close the door to potty?

Curious minds, read:nosy, bored minds want to know....

I don't even close it when I'm not home alone, because generally it's just me and my son and he'll wait for that particular time to ask me to explain nuclear fision, anyway.

sometimes :shrug:
I guess I've never thought about it.

No. I leave it wide open if i'm alone. It's more comfortable to leave the door open, given the opportunity. Not sure why.

You want to hear something sad? I don't even bother closing the doors when the family is here because someone always barges in on me (both bathrooms downstairs have 2 entry points). I haven't pottied in private for 11 1/2 years now. (I do close the door when we have company, however).

So in answer to your question, no.

I'm always home alone, so I always leave the door open.

The door closes :shrug:

how in the world couldn't you.....my kids do not to see us or each other going to the bathroom. They do tend to knock as soon as we get in there...

The kids are still young enough, and M & I are bohemian enough not to really mind or care about modesty. We just sort of let it all hang out.

None of us bothers to close the door; there might be something important to discuss, and you can't do that properly through a closed door.

Heck, M calls me in there in the guise of needing to ask/tell me something just to make me smell his current activity. When we're home alone we're all 4 years old.

No but my wife closes and locks it even if I'm the only other one in the house. However she has no problem barging in on me whenever she pleases.

home alone - door open - too lazy to bother anyway.

peeps home - door closed, maybe not latched, but it is shut. then the cats usually line up outside and push it open anyway

No and this is a good reason why...

No... I like to let the fumes permeate the entire house.....

being particularly offended by odors, even my own.....I choose to close the door, at least slightly, even when I'm home, then I spray, leave the fan on and close the door in the hope that the odor will not disperse through the apartment.

alone and standing for #1: door open and I may not flush until there are a few gallons of it in there. no sense wasting water.

But then you have to clean your bowl more often, don't you? If there's anything I hate it's cleaning the BOWLS. Especially since my plumber cordially asked me to stop using those bleach drop-in-the-tank things... he said the bleach eats anything rubber (gaskets, etc.) and that's why my toilet was leaking. So now I have to clean the damned things more often. I'd rather have 10 kids than clean toilets.