Is it gay to shower with other guys after like football practice. If it's not then how do you get everyone to shower cause I like good hygiene. But not to be called gay. Also is this maturity thing that will happen over time

Hi Honey! IF the showers are on a wall and are open, what other choice do you have?!!! That's one thing I've never understood the open air factor for males - urinals, showers etc! BUT that said I just asked my 18 year old son, and he states that "NO ONE Showers after football they wait till they get home!" So I think this is more about physical awareness - depending on their age! When they are in their teens there is NO WAY you can get them to shower infront of each other, it is a sort of violation so to speak! Even though each locker room has showers! It's when they are comfortable with their bodies that they will then shower! Also I know from my husband and old boyfriends that when they are older they shower just automatically! So don't bring it up, just let it happen! IF it is you that wants to get clean, just shower privately - curtains etc! It is a LOT for a young person! Hope this answers you question?!

well the older people at my school do. so i was just wondering if it would like happen over time or something.

Ya mean they let you have some privacy these days? How times have changed. When I got in the 7th grade we had to take showers after gym class. We didn't have a real locker room it was just a room in the cellar of the school where we left our gym bags and changed into gym shorts. After gym class we left our gym clothes in there and went naked up about 5 steps and across a corridor to the shower room that had about a dozen shower heads along the walls. You couldn't take a towel with you because there was no place to leave it in the shower room and it was kind of difficult to take a shower while holding it. It was an all boy school but there were female teachers, so the gym teacher stood guard by the stairs to head off any female teachers who might come down through the corridor while we were showering. But of course it still happened some times if he was distracted by a couple idiots fighting in the shower room.

In my junior year we got a new high school and the girls joined us so we had real locker/shower rooms. One for the boys and one for the girls. The boys were required to take showers but the girls, being the stereotypical shy people they were, were not compelled to if they didn't want to. At least that's what the girls told us.

When I was a kid we used to go to the beach where they had mens and womens public showers. The men were all running around the place naked to and from the showers when I went in there with my father so I thought that was normal when I got to 7th grade and gym class. I don't know what the womens beach showers were like. My mother never took me in there when I was with her. I can tell you it wasn't too pleasant as a two foot tall kid with all those naked men running around me with their hairy patches at my eye level.

When I got in the army there was even less privacy. Like NONE at all. We lived 28 in a room, I was on the second floor and the toilets and showers were on the first floor. We went down the stairs naked to get there, past the open front door for anyone passing by outside to see us along with the 28 guys living on the first floor. There were three toilets on opposite walls with no enclosures and a long urinal on on wall. So you sat on the toilet facing someone else about 5 feet across from you. At first it was a little hard to take a c**p like that, but you get used to it. The showers were also three on a side in an open room. There was nothing to cover our windows so anyone driving by could see us walking around in the barracks naked.

My girl, a colonel's daughter who had spent her life on army posts used to tell me about she and her girlfriends driving around the post checking out the naked guys in the barracks with whichever girl was old enough to drive.

Oh yes we DID know who was gay (gay meant happy back then) and most of us tried to avoid taking a shower if one of them was in there. Aside from that we got along fine, I don't remember anyone expressing a dislike for any of our gay buddies. I just wasn't too keen on taking a shower with someone of my own gender who looked at me the same way I'd be looking at a girl if one was in there with me.

So I guess you guys must have it pretty good these days with privacy and all ---- or maybe not. Maybe we grew up with fewer hang ups.

acually our showers are the same no curtains or anything just nobody seems to shower yet. but when i was water boy with two other friends we had to go in the football locker room and they were all naked taking showers next to each other without a curtain so i was just wondering if it would happen over time or something ? and im not gay or anything just very hygentic and was waiting till we would be able to shower after pe and stuff wen i was older but no one got in so i was qonfussed to say something and wondered why our the older kids showering and not us. is it a older thing or our we just to imaturre to beable to do that kind of stuff?? ? ? %-)

I don't know. We didn't have any PE until we got to 7th grade and thats when we started taking showers. So I guess that's when we became the "older kids" as you call them. If you didn't participate in any activities that made you sweat, you didn't have to shower. Some guys had doctor's notes to excuse them from exercise. I guess we didn't HAVE to shower if we really didn't want to but no one wanted to be the guy who got dressed again and went back to class all sweaty.

It's more about self esteem and worrying about body image! Older guys have matured and are more at ease! I don't know what the signal is to FINALLY get clean! All I can say is just don't be standing there by yourself - that wouldn't look so great! ;-) Perhaps it is the coach that demands ALL to do it!

Gay no way! Its completely normal to want to shower with other boys my age. They are all so cute in the shower. Dont drop the soap!

so we will all just start taking showers soon

I was talking to my husband and sons! My eldest - 18 said guys only in grade 12 seem to shower! And my husband said "We only showered after football practice or games - as it was just the team, not anyone walking in" He also mentioned that after physed there usually isn't enough time to shower, only real games etc! Or playing hockey, football, really sweaty sports! IF you are really grody after playing sports, just start showering! Just don't mention it to anyone! IF anyone says anything just say "Yeah that's right I REALLY want to stink like a jock strap buddy!" Something like that! Sometimes - especially with teenagers - it takes just 1 doing it and the rest follow! IF you feel this way, I am sure your other team mates will feel the exact same, but daren't be the first! IF you make it into a "gay" thing, it will become weird, it's just a normal part of life to be clean! So whatever you are comfortable with!

So just start showering and they will follow also since we are all in or begging puberty watt do u say if u get a boner or penis and balls are small or u don't have any hair.

Why do you need to say anything?

totally gay. seriously what could be gayer than a bunch of dudes soaping themselves down with their wangers hanging out.

When I was in high school (like 4 years ago), we had to shower and change with no hiding.  It was communal showers and we didn't even have stalls for the toilets.  You get over it, everyone has the same thing pretty much.  I was lucky just having a bigger penis.  Everyone was curious at that age and we even had some circle jerks in the showers.  

Yes. Just start showering. You will probably get some comments at first but try to ignore them. If the comments get to be too much, then don't shower anymore at school this year and try again next year when everyone is a little older. There is nothing "gay" about taking a shower in a locker room. And don't worry about the boner thing. We all get them...in Math, eating lunch, watching the news, they happen anywhere and everywhere when you're young, not just in the shower. Just keep your back to everyone as much as possible, get clean and get dry and get dressed & get out. It will be fine. Good luck you pioneer :)