HI I HAVE JUST RECEIVED MY FIRST DEPO SHOT AND I AM DUE FOR MY SECOND ONE JAN 24, 2006. i HAVE BEEN ON THE SHOT ONCE BEFORE A YEAR AGO AND STAYED ON IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR. i NEVER HAD MY PERIOD THE LAST TIME I WAS ON THE SHOT. ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO I STARTED TO BLEED AS A NORMAL PERIOD FOR ABOUT 6 DAYS AND FOR THE NEXT 8 DAYS HAVE BEEN SPOTTING RED AND BROWN AND HAVE HAD SYMTOMS OF A MISCARRIAGE. I HAVE BEEN SPOTTING FOR TWO WEEKS AND IM WONDERING IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I MIGHT HAVE HAD A MISSCARRIAGE OR IS IT NORMAL?

well, since you are usually tested for pregnancy before they will give you a depo shot I doubt you had a miscarriage. Spotting and irregular periods are common while on the shot.

if you are on the depo and you see your period and have sex is it possible for you to get pregnant

You still have a chance to get preggo with the shot so don't count that as 100% fool proof... moving on to the period issue...
The eggs is usually released about 14 days before the beginning of her next period. The egg is good for about a day. The best chance of fertilization is to have sperm present in the fallopian tubes when that egg is released. So pregnancy is more likely to result from sex that occurs prior to ovulation. The menstrual period is what occurs when the egg is not fertilized and the woman doesn't become pregnant. The egg and the uterine lining are shed, and the process starts over from scratch.

But every woman is different, and unless she is actively tracking her ovulation every month, through body temperature, cervical mucus, etc., she will not know exactly WHEN she ovulates. She can only guess. Guessing isn't good, whether she's trying to prevent pregnancy or trying to conceive.