Things that you feel you're too good for?

Does life slap you down or do you take yourself down a peg?

Do friends bring your cocky self down?

Do you even give a gnat's fart about pride issues?

At my age I've been slapped down so many times I accept looking up as my normal condition so I guess the "gnat's fart" is my answer.

yes all of the time.

I take my dignity very seriously, along with my character. I am currently doing a Jacob vs. the angel thing with my pride.

Me too. Thanks for your honesty, Joe. It's good to hear that others have pride issues.

Gonna be hard to set any more PRs with a gimp leg. ;)

The word "pride" is an oxymoron in itself. It can mean "inordinate self-esteem: CONCEIT" or "a reasonable or justifiable self-respect". That said, I think it can easily be separated from cockiness or dignity.

I have a lot of pride in myself (i.e. self-respect) but I also have a boatload of arrogance - separate and distinct from that pride - and am therefore cocky. I am dignified enough to not give a rat's ass what others think about that, because my true friends know me and what things I am capable of. So I guess my pride is a mixture of the two definitions above.

I have actually never really thought about it before... I'll do so and get back with you. :)

I have the exact opposite. I suffer from extreme lack of pride and self-esteem. Me and the gf battle over this often. But I'm getting better.

I run the gamut. I feel I am prideful on certain issues but then I have low self esteem on the rest. I'm trying to even out the score....

I guess you could say that I have a sense of pride in myself and what I do.

I don't think I am ever "too good" for anything or anyone else. I'm also not one to have to be "knocked down a few pegs" either by being cocky. However, LIFE still likes to give me slap in the face from time to time whether I wanted it to or not. That alone drops me down pegs and it ain't easy!

:thumbsup: You're okay in my book! (My book is NOT on Oprah's list!)

Exactly. Just like that.

Definitely, but I'm getting better about it.

Of course, when you're an elite runner like me, it's difficult not to think highly of yourself.... :D

Sometimes, but not usually.