hey i am 13 and i weigh 9 stone and i am 5,2 but i am not fat but i have like a little fat on my belly witch if i wear tight tops and sometimes i feel really fat and dont want to eat but latley i look i the mirror and i look fatter and my bum looks bigger and now i am going on a diet and exerse if anyone has any i deas what i could do let me know i am so fed up of my famlie saying when i was younger i ate to much and and that and i feel unconfterbale about my self i am quiet fit i can do long distence running and that but i feel like when i am running my legs look fat but people say there not and that there skinny but i dont know if there lieing or not and i when i am having a sleepova and i waer tight pjs i feel fat and that my friends are skinner than me and i want to breath in but i no thats not who i am . i used to live with my best friend and she would stare at me and i dont know why i think it migt be how i look so if any one has any tips please fast tell me i am desperte

Honey, trust me you are one of many who feel the exact same way.

Especially at the age of thirteen, everyone is feeling self-conscious and unsure, even if they don't show it outwardly. It is very natural for a woman's weight to fluctuate during puberty and all through adolescence. Usually, your body isn't "settled" into your adult body until you're done developing in your mid-twenties! With all the raging hormones and rollercoaster of estrogen levels, it's not at all uncommon for your weight to differ year to year.

When I was in middle school, I gained weight really fast, and my family was also concerned. In fact, I was in a very similar situation as you! However, without changing my lifestyle or eating habits much at all, the weight just seemed to drop off naturally during my sophomore year of high school. Since then, my weight has remained fairly stable.

Don't allow yourself to become overwhelmed with so-called "standards" of what women should look like. Those unreal expectations are the root of so, SO many women's eating disorders and low-self esteem issues. I know it seems like the most important thing in the world right now, to be pretty and skinny, and popular. BELIEVE ME, I've been there. Trust me when I tell you, that you MUST push all that aside and love yourself and your body for the person you are. There's nothing wrong with exercising and eating healthy, but don't push yourself too far.

Lastly, your friends should like and respect you for the person you are, NOT what size clothes you wear. If all they're concerned about is your appearance, then they are NOT friends worth keeping!

I hope that helps, and good luck. :-)

I agree with what cheeziepoof has posted. I think that the most important thing for you to do is make sure that you have a good body image and that you're happy with your body. Don't be ashamed of your body--it's the only one you've got! Can you come back and let us know how you're doing?