Please, help me! I’m MS sufferer with self-esteem issues. I have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis about year ago. I didn’t notice that I lost my self-esteem until now. When I realized that I became more depressed. How can I feel better? Do you have any useful advice for me? Thanks!

I can understand you and I feel sorry for you. But you should not give up. I know that it’s hard to live normally with MS but, believe me, it’s possible. I have MS for more then three years. I also feel like you since last year. Then I decided to do something. I just started to spend more time with other people. Be active!

Hi Brade
I think any of us suffering from a long term illness suffer from low self esteem. I have RA and get very depressed at times.Dont be hard on yourself, your not alone.
One way of coping is to make a list of the good things in your life and when things get on top of you, read the list and try and add to it.
its hard to see the good with all the bad that surrounds us sometimes but its always there. try and hang on to it Brade. and except that you cant change the MS but you can change your attitude towards it and the way you deal with your condition, dont let it define who you are and most important of all...keep reaching out for help like you have here. :-D