I blame you all for these bit of shared inspiration. :)

Last week I had a three mile (recovery) on a Friday I needed to do
in prep of my long run the following day (Sat).

Rolled over and hit the kill switch on my alarm.

I went swimming that evening, but in my log I mentioned
how my body felt okay on the swim, yet felt my legs needed
a day off besides my normal off day which is Thurs.

Ended up have a great run that Saturday, with no pain or post run issues in my legs and was three miles lighter in my running plan for that week.

Felt real good and I guess my body was telling me to save that day for Saturday. :)

Just wondered how you are react to missed days where there was no excuse you just blew off that day.

M

I personally think that once in a while, it can be a very good or even great thing to just take an unplanned day off. Particularly if you have been training hard. It just seems to make everything feel so much better.

The problem though, is when these start to happen every week, or every other week. Once a month or so would not be a bad thing to occur, and again, it has to be "unplanned".

I can't WAIT to see the answers to this one!

I am getting to the point where I listen to my body more, like you said, and if it says NO! and means it for other than an "I just don't feel like it" excuse, then I'm OK with it. But like coach said, once it becomes a patterm, I put my foot down (pun intended). But...strangely enough, I find that if I take the occasional extra day off now and then, I don't get like that often.

Actually I not only blew off a run but a race and felt good about it! My girlfriend and I drove 250 miles to run in a 10k, but we had so much...ummm...fun the night before, we overslept and missed the race.

I had days like that where I could not figure out why I had no desire, to run. and it was tough. No pain, no injuries, just saw people out and on a nice day and said not going to happen.
I guess we all go through it and when I finally came out and ran it was like I had not missed a day.
M

Not until I injured myself and had to ease back into everything. It got easier to blow it off. Now I am falling back into my bad habits, of forcing myself out there.

I never blow off a work out but I don't blow off going to work or church or anything else, that's just not me.

If I miss a run, I don't get to worried about it.

I usually feel guilty. Almost like I am cheating my self.

Normally I have a tiny little discussion with myself as to why I'm not gonna go run - I feel run down, tired, sick, or just blah. If the reasons make sense to me, then I don't go. But I have to have that discussion or it becomes a "I don't wanna" day, and then a second day, and then pretty soon it becomes 4 years.
My level of guilt is dependent on how I do on the following run. If I feel great, then the day off is justified. If not, then I kick myself for putting myself in a 'setback' situation.