I am 24 and 2 months pregnant. My doctor is monitoring my pregnancy and giving me some good advices. However, I am still in a doubt when it comes to eating during pregnancy. Do I have to have a special diet and what do you recommend to me?

What you eat every day is important for your health as well as for the health of your baby. Your diet should contain the vitamins and nutrients that your body will need to help your baby develop and grow. Fruits and vegetables with vitamin C help you and your baby to have healthy gums and other tissues and whole grain products and enriched products like bread, rice, pasta, and breakfast cereals contain iron, B vitamins. They also contain some protein, minerals, and fiber that your body needs and during pregnancy, women need about 60 grams of protein per day. Water plays an important role in your diet during pregnancy because it carries the nutrients from the foods you eat to your baby. It helps prevent you from getting constipation, hemorrhoids, excessive swelling, and urinary tract or bladder infections. Also, drinking enough water prevents you from becoming dehydrated. For any additional information, please contact your doctor. He will tell you everything you need to do for the well being of your baby.