Hl all. I’m in 10th week. Yes, finally pregnant with my first baby. I can’t even tell you how happy I am. I would really like to be good mom from the very beginning. So, I red many books and magazines regarding pregnancy. But, still, I have one question. I know that I have to eat much better and healthier now. But, does this include seeds?? What food do you recommend me eat whilst pregnant??? Thanks for the tips.

Well, during the first trimester, your calorie requirements are the same as pre-pregnancy. From about 13 weeks onward (which is very close), your calorie requirements get to about 300 calories above your normal intake. But, the most important is the quality of these calories. You need to jam-pack as many nutrients as possible into your diet meaning that you should reduce the amount of junk food in exchange for healthier, more nutritious choices. You need plenty of complex carbohydrates every day as a rich source of B vitamins, fiber, and trace minerals such as zinc, selenium, chromium and magnesium. You should eat whole wheat bread, oatmeal, buckwheat pancakes, whole grain cereals and the like over white bread, cookies made with sugar and white flour, commercial muffins and similar foods. Also, you need more protein, calcium, and iron. For that purpose you should eat beef, chickpeas and other dried beans and peas, raisins and other dried fruits, spinach, pumpkin seeds and soy products as well. I hope this helps.