I keep hearing about importance of micronutrients. You suppose to have all the vitamins, minerals and other things in right dose in order to have your body function properly. I usually run for 10k and take nothing when I come back home. Do you think that I should take something and if so what it would be? Can you tell me something about good post run nutrition?

You are absolutely right. Your body (and mine too) need some 45 – 60 different nutrients every day. If not it can function for a while without it. However, after some time you will get the bill from your body, so to speak. You will have to pay for neglecting your own organism. Well balanced diet should make up for the most of your body’s needs. However hard working athletes can benefit from taking the supplements. Immediately after run you can have a post workout formula consisting of carbs to protein ratio of 4: 1 along with some minerals and electrolytes. One hour afterwards you have to have a high protein meal containing high quality protein along with vegetables and whole grain cereals. Plenty of water goes without saying. There is much more to it, but it would take at least two pages to write it all down so we will leave it for some other occasion.