I have problem with weight. I am too fat and I have problems with cutting it down. I am doing some light exercises and I need some diet program for reducing weight. I have heard that Mcdougall diet program is very good and that it severely limits intake of grain products. Can you tell me more specific what should I eat and what to avoid?

Mcdougall diet program is good for you because it helps in cases of stubborn weight problem. About grains the limitation is not applied on whole grain except the whole-grain bread that you should avoid. You can use whole-grain cereals like brown rice, corn, oatmeal, barley etc. Also you can eat squashes, root vegetables, legumes, green and yellow vegetables and fruit. You should avoid all kind of meat including fish, all poultry, all dairy products including milk and cheese, oil, eggs, nuts and seeds, dried fruit and fruit juices, all flour products.