Hi everyone

A friend from work told me about alkaline diet and he explained to me what are its benefits. From what I‘ve heard this diet sounds great, it does not only help you to lose weight but it is great for balancing your body and overall health improvement. He told me that this diet promotes eating healthy food, less acidic and more alkaline.

I’m not very sure what foods are considered alkaline. Is there someone here who tried this diet? If there is, could you tell me what alkaline foods you had to eat while you were on this diet?

I followed this diet about a year ago.

I had a couple of extra pounds and I got rid of them very quickly. I think after one month all the extra pounds disappeared.

As for the foods, you can eat a lot of stuff. I will tell you what foods I ate at that time.

I remember eating almonds and almond milk. They will help you lower your cholesterol and increase muscle gain.

I also ate artichokes. They are full of antioxidants.  You could combine them with your salad.

And also avocado and avocado oil. You can add avocado oil to your meal or you could combine it with some regular or even acidic oil.

Hello

I love alkaline diet. I hate the food that I must eat while on it, but I love the results.  

If you want to make this diet work, try to eat as much amaranth as you can. This is a grain. It is not so well-known, many people have never heard of it, but it is great for this type of diet. It has high level of protein for a grain. It is also full of vitamins and minerals . I don’t  know how the preparation goes, but I am sure you could find a lot of preparation recipes on the internet. 

Yeah, amaranth is really great. I ate it too while I was on this diet. It has 14g of protein and it is really healthy.

You should also eat arugula. It is full of vitamin A and it has a great amount of calcium in it. Consume it twice a week at least.

Also try eating beetroot. It will help you raise your PH levels. You could add it to your meal or use it as a salad.

Broccoli may not be so delicious, but you should eat it multiple times a week. It is full of vitamin C and it will help you to stay on alkaline side.

I had no idea that broccoli is so good for this diet.

I know that carrots are great. They are alkaline and they are also good for your eyes. There are many ways of how to prepare them. You can eat them raw or steamed, they are tasteful  either way. They are also full of vitamins. Very rich in fiber.

Another vegetable that suits this diet is celery. You gotta love celery even though it is not so tasteful. It is very healthy. It is alkaline and it is low in calories. You can put it in a blender and make smoothie out of it. 

And do not forget the delicious stuff.

Coconut!

I love coconut, it is maybe the only thing I actually enjoyed eating while on this diet. Its health benefits are numerous. You can consume coconut milk, juice and flesh.  Try to include coconut oil and fresh coconut  flesh in your deserts.

And I almost forgot lemon. I know it is a bit strange since it tastes very acidic, but on the contrary, lemon will produce alkaline response by the body. It is low in sugar. It is good for your digestive system and it is full of vitamin C. You should consume it every day.