I keep hearing about mental preparation and how important that is. I still think that the most important thing is your physical form and shape. I mean after all you are not going to run with your brain instead of your legs. So how important this mental preparation can be? Do you pay attention more to physical or mental preparation?

A man is a very complex creature. We are not just flesh and bones. There is more to it than it seems. Our mind, our soul is the other part of our existence. Every move we make has to be conceived in our mind first. Even the things we are not aware of like breathing and heart beat. Our subconscious mind takes care of it. Everything we do has its root in our mind. So I like to think that both of the preparations are of great importance. Without physical good form and shape there is no running athlete. But top athlete can become only the one who incorporates both; physical and mental training.