I need some basic info about how to prepare for running route distance it is about cross country long running route distance and I wish to participate but I still haven't got any training. So what should I be focusing on in order to get ready for this event –it will happen in a few months I think. Do you think I could manage to get ready physically for running route distance in such short period of time? I need to stress I haven't participated never before on any kind of running route distance but I like jogging which I stopped performing almost two years ago for I was pregnant and now I want to do something of this kind. Thanks!

Well it is always good getting back on old traces. Look at me I was in the same position after a labor I was so physically inactive -if you don't count the running around your baby-that I was so out of physical form and of poor condition and at one point I got bored with this situation and I don't know how but running long route distance came to my mind and I started with physical preparations-it could take you months and it is about preparing your body gradually in first 8 weeks or so. I love those aerobic trainings that strengthen your body and muscles and there you have some fitness training also that would improve your endurance which is so much needed in running route distance. Anyway if you attend to participate some running route distance you need to find some personal training that would determine what kind of a preparation and trainings would best fit to your physical shape and actual condition. At the beginning it may look so difficult but don't give up in few months you will be in such a shape you could easily run long route distance and you will feel great for that.