I thought WALKING was the best way to tone the whole body?

Yes, walking can do a world of good, but it really depends on how much toning you need. Eating healthy foods is key. Diet seems to be about 90% of the issues with weight-gain. Next to that, exercise is quite important. To tone your whole body, you must exercise with at least 30 minutes a day 3-5 times per week of some sort of cardiovascular work-out. If walking gets your heart rate up, then you can powerwalk with added results. For me, walking is not enough, I have to run. For some, running is not an option due to bad knees, shoulders, or a lot of weight that needs to come off. A low-impact high intensity aerobic activity will work though. The next key in toning your body is weight training or resistance training. You can get a lot of definition in your muscles this way. Hope that helps.

A great way to tone up is to do circuit training. It targets specific muscles. If you are able to join a gym, your program is all mapped out for you because the toning equipment is usually together and you simply time yourself on each machine. You'd also need to consult with the trainers on staff. They can give you good tips in regards to meeting your specific goal. Your current state of health is very important. It's also important for you to have a healthy nutritional plan so that you don't get the opposite results of what you're looking for. Good luck to you. Oh yes, your age is important for your exercise plan as well.

Well one thing good for toning is riding a bicycle. I really love this, and practice it almost every day. If you are a beginner then just drive a mile or a two. Then after week or two, go up to 5 miles, and so on and so on. I usually try to ride it from 15 to 20 miles a day. That is really enough for me, and i do not go on longer tracks. U have to drink enough water while you are riding, and do not eat to much before you start riding it, maybe just a little fruit, like banana or something.

I recommend yoga as one of the best ways to tone the body.

Many believe that yoga helps in losing weight, increase appetite and rejuvenate you body. This is absolutely true. However, there is more to yoga than just weight loss and body rejuvenation. The basic importance of yoga is that it helps a person keeping abreast of his or her subconscious mind and offers him or her, the rejuvenation of mind and spirit. This ancient art brings wellness as much as physical training. It can relieve the daily tensions and anxiety and bring relief to stress and other emotional problems. Now, this is not possible with other kinds of physical activities and exercises. Most of the physical exercises, muscle training programs and body building techniques, offer physical gain to an individual. Many health professionals believe that the benefits of yoga include spine health and lowers back pain, it will improve muscle tone as well as reduce stress all the while improving sleep.

Also regular exercise such as yoga and swimming.

Ive got to admit i have been going walking a lot the past few weeks and have noticed a massive improvment on my muscle tone and fitness level.

I regularly go to the gym also but have found walking is more beneficial for me!

Walking is definitely very beneficial and it really tones the muscles down much better than anything else. Tone is based on lots of repetitive action and I have very nice legs based on that I think. I totally agree!

A combination of exercises are best. I love walking and other cardio, but it is not enough for me.

Adding in both yoga and weight resistance training is better. You'll build muscles and tone up for a higher metabolism