Hi, guys. My grandfather has been hospitalized. It seems that doctors suspect on listeriosis. I have read somewhere that this kind of infection is more common in people with decreased immune system strength. I wonder if this is true. What do you think about this? I will gladly hear out your opinion.

Hello to you too. You have heard well. Listeriosis infection is indeed characteristic in people with decreased immune system strength. That is why some groups of people should be extra careful. Pregnant women are also more prone to this type of infection. This can be dangerous since Listeria can be transmitted through placenta. This can be really dangerous for a baby. I hope everything will be all right with your grandfather. Good luck to him. Bye!

Hello. I would agree with all that has been said here. Listeriosis is a rare infection. People with preserved immune system rarely get it. However, those people who have decreased strength of immune system have greater risk. Elderly people and infants are more prone. It goes the same for pregnant women. People with chronic diseases can also easily get it. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, everyone. There must be two conditions for listeriosis appearance. One is indeed decreased immune system. However, there has to be a second one as well. And that is food that is contaminated. Listeria lives in soil and water. It can easily contaminate vegetables. Animals that eat this can also get infected. I hope I’ve helped a little with this. Bye!