I've been reading more and more about core training and the benefits it has on running. Anyone out there using core training as a part of their regular routine? If you're doing it, have you started to notice benefits in your running?

:wavey: I do core work several times a week. It has improved my running form and I have gotten faster too.

I have been implementing run-specific core/strength training into my routine for the past couple of years. It's been amazing as to how far I've come in terms of improvements and progress. It won't directly make you a significantly faster runner but the benefits that it gives you include improvements in form, particularly posture and reduced incidence of injuries, as a result of both strengthening of the stabilizing muscles used in running and form improvement.

I've also read in a few books/articles that strength training improves running economy in the long term.

Hey all :moon:

I use Core Training as part of my routine, in school instead of regular gym I have it so I go to the Weightroom and lift weights with others. Last year our Spring Track team utilized the heck out of it though, hence the reason why our team went Undefeated that year. Is it a vital part of any training routine? I think so.