I want to know what the most important thing about distance running training is. Is it speed workouts, strength building technique training or endurance? Maybe something else? I have heard a lot of stories about that and all of them are different. And all of them came from guys that do not run long distances.

I am a distance runner. All those things you have numbered are important. But people often forget things like easy run or stretching. Those things prevent injuries and that is the most important for every athlete. When you are injured you can't compete. The big five building blocks are also very important. They are: fartlek, hills, intervals, tempo run, and the long run.

I've been running regularly for about the last five months and I wanted some more information.
What is the difference between long distance and short distance running in terms of body development? If I wanted to lose weight, should I be running faster for a short distance or slower for a longer distance? If I don't want to gain too much muscle but want to tone my body what should I do?
Thanks!

can distant running help in flattening the stomach??

Weight Lifting for Beginners - Weight lifting wrist straps for beginners
When starting to train, sometimes it is necessary for beginners to know that there are necessary items to get, and these items are needed in order to get a good work out going on if you are getting into building up. And what is this gear good for? Well, non other than to make you built up faster and to protect your body from suffering unnecessary injuries, in other words, this is equipment not only for beginners, but for all people who are into lifting weights, to use such products as Weight lifting wrist straps. It doesn’t matter if you are new to this weight lifting world, you need to know that it is better for you to use Weight lifting wrist straps, because these straps will give you a much better grip, and will allow you to manage better building up, on top of it all, you are also going to be able to prevent such problems as injuries on your wrist.
To have proper Weight lifting wrist straps will allow you to perform better in excises that are considered difficult and this is because you are going to get a much better grip, so don’t think it any further, this Is not just for beginners, you can get amazing results out of your everyday work out by simply adding these Weight lifting wrist straps to your daily routines, and trust me, you will be glad you did, because like I wrote before, you will be getting lots of great results and at the same time avoiding the risks of say suffering a sprain, which would cause you to step away from doing your exercises and you would be forced to rest and your gym results would get delayed, so do your best at finding the best, and start with some good Weight lifting wrist straps, it is for your own good, and you will be happy you started using these Weight lifting wrist, it is a guarantee.
Remember, that if you are new in this gym and fitness world, you are going to be needing all the help that you can get, so be smart, and always ask for proper instruction on how to use all of the equipment, and also on how to correctly use your Weight lifting wrist straps, these Weight lifting wrist are for everyone to use, and trust me, they will make you enjoy much more of your workout, so get them, and start your routine, there is a lot of work to be done, and a lot of ground to be covered.
Visit us at: http://weightliftingforbeginners.com/