just a general statement or two.

Let's share how our training has been going, and what we're looking forward to.

Me? Mine pretty much stinks. I got up early and ran a couple of times last week. Then the wife went out of town this week, and I didn't get any training in.

However...planning to get back going in the coming week.

Took most of June off with a pretty nasty groin pull. Getting back at it again in July has been much better. I've slowed my overall training pace down a little and so far my legs are feeling great.

I'm afraid to speak for jinxing myself but mine running is better than it has been in nearly 2 years. I'm getting faster. I give lots of credit to the cycling I've been doing. It really balances out the legs. :wiggle:

Just piling on miles and foregoing speed work. So far so good.

trying to build mileage and hoping to speed up. I certainly can't get much slower. :?

Crazy busy summer. Just haven't notched it up like I planned. Gonna stick to halfM's this fall. Maybe a spring marathon instead of a fall one here. Definitely looking forward to it cooling off :o

It's not the heat, it's the humidity. Running here, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado - 500 feet to one mile-plus above sea level - no problem. Temps mid-sixties to one hundred - no problem. Humidity over maybe 30% - I'm in trouble.

Mine has been good. I'm on course for 410 miles over the summer. The only problem is that its now time to bump up the miles and speed, I always find that I keep telling myself that I'll start that tomarrow.

Welcome K! :wavey:

My attempt at finding an alternative to running has fizzled for now. I found an activity I really enjoy, but due to my health, it's had to go on hold.

:|

Post marathon i've been struggling with the heat pretty much staying in the 90's with a fair amount of humidity. The few days I've run with 70 degree weather I felt stronger than expected. Raced on saturday.

:wavey: Pretty much me too. I'm doing really good sticking to my training schedule and getting the runs in, nothing fancy. At least my daily runs also count as hill workouts too.

Well in the summer I am just trying to keep a little base until September 1 when I crank up for my fall/winter racing season.

It is just to hot to run more than 4 or 4.5 miles at lunch and sometimes 6 or 7 in the morning. I also use this time to just give my body a break. I figure that since I am near Clydesdale weight, my body can use it.

Busy...one word sums it all...

In the midst of intense marathon training so with the high mileage and intensity, things are going pretty tough now...hopefully with the base I've built over winter and spring, I'll stay intact and not break down..I ended up with 311 miles for July and 286 for June... hammering out 70-85 mile weeks...August will be the peak volume month (perhaps in the mid 300s?)...taper's coming up in 7-8 week's time. Hopefully my times will start to come down again by September.

311 miles in a MONTH?? In 14 years I've never gone over 118 miles in a month!! (No injuries, but lots of 9 minute miles.)

I am trying to ramp it up, though. And I'm getting faster in my old age: I did a 23:09 5K three weeks ago and a 22:25 last week. Ok, got it outta my system, now I can focus on NYC 2005.

thanks thoogy -- i wasn't gonna follow Tim!

i'm hoping to do a half in Pgh this fall, trying to run consistent long runs (10-12 miles) every week which is new to my training. so far, it's slow but steady. i'd like to have 135-140 mile months by fall. no injuries to speak of; i think lower back stretching/core strengthening and replacing my shoes at 300 miles has helped with this (knock on wood).

thanks for askin' coach! :wavey: