So I want to get a core routine to workout my abs and pecs as well as any other things which could improve my time, balance, endurance, etc.
Any advice would be appreciated as far as workouts as well as frequency. I know that doing it every day can over do and and you'll never really improve because it doesn't give the muscles time to re-heal or whatever.

Right now I try to do 3 sets of 40 crunches every couple of days. But I know that's far from what I should be doing.

Like I said, any advice is appreciated.

Not to cut across 'JACKEDs' ab/core routine but I think there is a lot of misunderstanding about what exactly comprises the 'core'.
The core consists not only the abdominal region - transverse abdominus, obliques and the very popular rectus abdominus (We all do sit up's)
It also includes the entire back musculature including multifidi, erector spinae, these are deep internal muscles so important to running and for a strong healthy spine.
The core also includes the hip and pelvic stabilises including the glutes. (your bum) hip flexors and piroformis. In other words if your only training one or several of the abdominals, your only training part of the core

Not to cut across 'JACKEDs' ab/core routine but I think there is a lot of misunderstanding about what exactly comprises the 'core'. The core consists not only the abdominal region - transverse abdominus, obliques and the very popular rectus abdominus (We all do sit up's) It also includes the entire back musculature including multifidi, erector spinae, these are deep internal muscles so important to running and for a strong healthy spine. The core also includes the hip and pelvic stabilises including the glutes. (your bum) hip flexors and piroformis. In other words if your only training one or several of the abdominals, your only training part of the core
I agree with that too par. I always say everything is attached to your core, don't neglect to train it. By everything I mean arms, legs, head.

im 14 and i play soccer, its just natural for us to have good abs. My core routine is pretty basic, i do situps every second day, the first day i do 300 cross chest situps and then 100 full situps and then 50 jackknifes all simutaneously, then i usually rest the nest day. The day after, my routine consists or 400 full situps. Ive been doing them for half a year and im quite toned.

I do the following at the end of my resistance training (twice a week). It's not much, but it makes one heck of a difference for me.
    2 x 20 crunches on a decline bench 2 x 30 medicine ball twists (3kg ball) 2 x 20 reverse crunches
For me, it's just enough to keep me stable for longer without completely wiping myself out.

'Kenyan' and 'hollywood', both of your abdominal training sessions are impressive and have definite value but let me repeat (earlier post)they are only part of a core routine.
With sit-ups, crunches, jacknives the the rectus abdominus is heavily involved to flex your trunk. Rectus abdominus has a high proportion of type II muscle fibers and is selectively recruited when speed or movement are increased, but has minimal contribution to spine stability.

'Kenyan' and 'hollywood', both of your abdominal training sessions are impressive and have definite value but let me repeat (earlier post)they are only part of a core routine. With sit-ups, crunches, jacknives the the rectus abdominus is heavily involved to flex your trunk. Rectus abdominus has a high proportion of type II muscle fibers and is selectively recruited when speed or movement are increased, but has minimal contribution to spine stability.
....in English please.... If I'm understanding correctly, the stuff I mentioned only gets the "frontal" core? I would have thought that the medicine ball twists would have got obliques as well. Previously I was doing decline crunches, back hyperextensions, and leg lifts on the Roman chair with my resistance training. Is this a better combination? What am I missing?

....in English please.... What am I missing?
I thought I was speaking English. Perhaps your missing a basic anatomy chart which depicts and names the various muscles and muscle groups. (Admittedly they are in Latin) CORE:- the central, innermost, OR MOST ESSENTIAL PART OF ANYTHING. Type II muscle fibres:- Without going into great detail, you may have heard of fast and slow twitch muscle fibres. Type I slow. TypeII fast TypeII B very fast. - see my second post - Rectus abdominus. Why don't you PM. 'JACKED UP' and ask if she will send you her core routine, it's a huge subject and too long for me to go into here. You may like to do some work un an unstable surface ie. Swiss Ball, Medi Ball etc. As I said what you are doing is creditable but it is only part of the answer performing exercises such as sit-ups/crunches emphasise the rectus abdominus. Rather than place the emphasis just on isolated muscle action if you activate the deeper transverse abdominus and internal obliques the emphasis is more of a stabilising role. ie. core training. The short answer here is to draw your navel in as you breath out or narrow your waist. This position is called the 'set postion' and should be aimed for during all activity.

I thought I was speaking English. Perhaps your missing a basic anatomy chart which depicts and names the various muscles and muscle groups. (Admittedly they are in Latin) I are an engineer. No good at Latin nor English. :P Type II muscle fibres:- Without going into great detail, you may have heard of fast and slow twitch muscle fibres. Type I slow. TypeII fast TypeII B very fast. - see my second post - Rectus abdominus. Why don't you PM. 'JACKED UP' and ask if she will send you her core routine, it's a huge subject and too long for me to go into here. You may like to do some work un an unstable surface ie. Swiss Ball, Medi Ball etc.
I definitely will. Might be saving myself $35 (that's what a trainer costs where I work). And I'll look up all those muscle thingies on