i have 10 moles on my face (i know. ew, right?) and i am looking into mole removal. i found out about dermatend from a magazine and wanted to know how well does it work? and is it a scam?

Facing the same problem here too! But I have 9, haha. Anyways I don't think there really is an exact answer to this. Some people says yes, some says no, so at the end it's better if you just experiment it yourself.

So I am on my first week of using Dermatend and so far 4 of my 5 moles are already gone! The application of it is super easy and the hardest part about it is forcing yourself to not pick the scab off. It started working just hours after I put it on and with in 3 days 2 moles fell off, today the 4th one came off, I am just waiting for my last one, which was bigger than the rest so it's supposed to take longer. Of course like any scab that comes off it will leave red marks while the skin is still healing but soon it should go away. The skin that was under the first mole that fell off is almost completely normal, just a tiny red dot left. I definitely think if you wanted to try it you should, even on a small hidden one at first. I already feel sooo much better having mine almost completely gone. 

Dermatend is not a scam, just keep your expectations realistic  Always use in a less obvious place to asses potential scarring. And use Neosporin, I've heard it works wonders to reduce scarring.