is there any way to remove moles at home ??

There are tons of products out there available for doing it yourself, but if you just want a free alternative, here is a way to go. But only try this IF THE MOLE IS FLAT and if you are positive that it is not cancerous.

1. Light a match.
2. Blow it out.
3. IMMEDIATELY place the head of the match on mole.
4. Leave about 5 seconds. (yes, it stings, but beauty hurts!)
5. Repeat process until the entire area of the mole has been treated. If you don't get it all, you will end up with one big mole dividing into a couple small ones. Uh cute...

The mole will scab up. Your skins natural healing process will in time (about 7-10 days) replace the scab with fresh, mole free skin.

I've done this to 2 moles and they are completely gone. I had someone hold the match for me though because I wouldn't have been able to hold it down long enough. The scab isn't pretty, but the results are pretty good. A medical doctor recommended this to me, but I have never seen anything online to support the method, so be advised that you are doing this at your own risk!

I came across this on google and am about to try it, but I have one question:
Will it be okay for me to put a cold compress of some sort on the spot as to numb it or will the resulting decrease in skin temperature mess up the procedure?

yes do this at YOUR OWN RISK! you could end up with an even worse scar!

I had a mole on my upper arm and I picked at it my entire life, I always used to scrape at it various objects. Now that I am an adult, I regret not going to get it removed by specialist. It is a keloid lookings scar, no longer a mole. The color is a pinkish-skin tone. If I try the method of lighting a match, would it help remove it?