I have had a hanging mole on the outside of my left arm pit since I could remember. About five years ago I looked at it and it appeared that it had a black head on it so I squeezed the end and a small black head like discharge came out of it. It did not bother me so I just continued to check it periodically. Last night, I looked at it and it looked and felt like a little seed or pimple was in it and ready to pop. I pushed on the end of it, and a black head dark color mass came out followed by blood. It stopped and the area got thin. Four hours later I looked at it, and it was full again, and looks just like it did before I first pushed it. How concerned should I be? What causes this to happen? What should I do?

You should never pick or squeeze a mole. I have one exactly like what you describe on my neck which stop's me from wearing a necklace as it get's cought in the chain. The Dr. said it was fine bc i was wanting to have it removed. Now that you have manipulated it to the point of making it bleed, you may want to see the doctor. If it's just a mole, your dr. can remove it for you.

You didn't mention your age but some moles or skin tags seem to become quite prevalent as you get older. I had about a dozen removed from my neck a few years ago, including a mole that has been an aggravation for me since I was a kid, along with a couple in my arm pits. If I'd known how easy it was to get rid of it I would have done it 50 years ago. That one would get irritated every time I had to wear a shirt and tie for a day. It would bleed and scab over from the shirt rubbing on it.

As I recall the dermatologist charged about ten bucks apiece for them. Probably got a discount for doing so many because I can't picture him doing only one for $10. The biggest pain was getting a needle for each one before he snipped them. I think the old one was a scalpel job because it wasn't shaped like the rest. It looked more like a donut with a black center.

They claim you can get rid of those skin tags yourself by strangling them. Just tie them off with a thread to disrupt the blood supply that keeps them alive and wait for it to fall off, thread and all. My doctor suggested that but I opted to go to a dermatologist as Medicare would pay for it.

Of course for each one that he removed, three have taken their place by now so I'm looking to do it again.

I had one in my arm pit that was really irritating me once and I pinched it with my fingernails and yanked it off, but I'm not saying you should try that.

I had one under arm pit for years.it had gotten so big recently that it bothered meI remembered the Dr telling me I could remove with a rubber band or piece of string.I made a slip knot with dental floss and pulled really hard tallboy choked it. Finally after 2 weeks and drying out it fell off while washing arm pit with cloth.