I have been thinking about my sleeping hours lately. Because of the new job, I had to decrease my sleep and I have to admit that in last three months I did not dream. Not once! I don’t think that is something that unusual, but still it is out of the ordinary, right? Does dreaming mean you’re sleeping well? Should I be concerned?

Well, dreaming is something that comes out of our subconscious and the fact that you are not dreaming could only mean that you are simply too tired and that you fall into deep, dreamless sleep. And if you are getting up early and suddenly (with the alarm sound) it is quite possible that you momentarily forget about the dream you maybe had.

wel now if its possible to ask can dreaming helps to release stress and anxiety and maybe more serious depresion??

according to psychologists dreams occur during REM (rapid eye movement) sleep.

you go through a cycle of REM and NREM (non- rapid eye movement) sleep every night, which means you dream every night.

however, if you are extremely tired its possible your REM sleep has been shortened and if you wake up to your alarm (and not naturally) you are probably waking up during NREM sleep therefore not remembering your dreams.

there are a lot (and i mean A LOT) of theories regarding the function of dreams - some suggest it helps you sort out subconscious thoughts and memories - and therefore helps you find solutions to problems, others suggest they have no function and some people feel they are just random firing of synapses in your brain.

i would say that the sleep helps relieve stress not the dreams and as for depression, i guess if you go with the theory of it sifts your subconscious and helps you sort out problems then if you know what causes the depression they may help.