this weird thing happened to me last night. i woke up at 3 in the morning because i have a troubling thought and tried to go back to sleep. i hugged and squeezed my pillow so tight like, in a foetal position and the next thing i knew, i was falling asleep fast and that was the most comfortable sleeping position i have ever tried, ever, seriously, not like the other million positions id tried in the past. id recall, ten minutes of good sleep later, i half-woke, i could see the ceiling in the dark, my eyes moved to see the door, and my body hasnt moved at all... so i tossed in bed, tried adjusting myself, but then i realised i wasnt moving at all. and then i tried widening my eyes, but then i realised my eyes had been closed the whole time and im struggling to open them. i struggled to move my arms and legs but theres that numbing sensation that keeps holding me down... i assured myself i wasnt dreaming (you dont do that in dreams). i wasnt. still in the curled up position, i slowly woke up from 'being awake'. i wasnt dreaming, i know for sure, it was all too physical, but then i just woke up from a not-dream... im a big skeptic. my theory is that im hallucinating, but if so, why couldnt i move before finally "waking up"? so, yeah... umm, what just happened? (seriously, you tell me)

hey, Google sleep pharalisis and out of body experience, ask anything you need

What you had just experienced was a Sleeping Paralysis. It usually occurs when you have taken a long nap in the afternoon hence your mind is so awake but your body is sleeping. It actually is quite frightening because your brain sends these false alarm signals but you fight to wake up your body. I use to get them a lot as a teenager because I use to nap a lot in the afternoon as my daily routine. Never again.