I am recently diagnosed with Hypothyroid tried levethyroxine and now taking Armour. Not long enough to feel better. I've also had dysfunctional uterine bleeding for 5 years. Doctor offered to give me HRT in 2003 but declined cause of history of breast cancer in my family. Since taking medication for thyroid I'm mentrating every week in a half. For six months before diagnoed with Hypothyroid I've become increasingly parinoid first little things like someone is dumping out my shampoo and feeling the need to hide my purse. Now I get up in the middle of the night and put items in front of my daughter doors to her room so it'll make noise and wake me if someone goes in her room (who? I don't know) I had her sleeping in the bed with me and that helped me sleep better. No history of mental illness. Doctor put me on Lexapro over two months ago and it's not helping with the paranoia. Please help.

Did you ever find anything to help you? I have recently been diagnosed with HYPERthyroid and have had the same symptom but coupled with strong anxiety. Fast heartrate etc.

I went to an ND (Naturopathic Doctor) and am on some supplements to help calm me until we get this resolved.

Please share any insight if you have any, this is a horrible thing to feel and I don't wish it on my worst enemy...