I have been looking for a way to help my mother with her thyroid gland problem. She is suffering from hypothyroidism and she has been trying to deal with that condition ever since. Now she is taking Thyroxine in her therapy. Does Thyroxine influences other hormones? If yes, which? I would like to get as much info as I can.

Thyroxine is a main hormone of thyroid gland. It has a very important active role in the regulation of basal metabolism and its many functions. Hypothyroidism is a condition that occurs because of the decreased secretion of thyroxin. The medication your mother is taking ensures that her body gets enough daily amounts of this hormone. As for effects that thyroxine has, without this hormone woman could not get pregnant, because it affects the balance of female hormone estrogen.