My boyfriend is in double trouble and I am having a hard time to deal with this situation-the thing is that last year he had some mild car accident but still had somewhat serious spinal surgery and he had spinal fusion afterwards. Than he had a long physical therapy but still was having problem dealing with this spinal pain so he ended up taking some pain reliever called Oxycontin-he was suppose to take only 5 mg daily chewing it and it is been 8 mounths since he started taking this but he is now in double trouble for he now increased Oxycontin dose by itself now snoring it and the pain still persist. If you ask me he is in real double trouble and I would like to hear how I could help him now for it is obvious that besides this pain he may easily become Oxys addicted.

You are right according to these facts your boyfriend might get in real double trouble that could be very hard to solve for you now being Oxycontin addicted is no joke-for oxys withdrawal symptoms are really terrible. My husband was in basically same situation-he was taking oxycontin for months and at first it was really helping him dealing with pain but after a few months his body stopped reacting on oxys and he basically needed some stronger dose to manage the pain and finally he came to the point he couldn't go through the day without certain dose of oxys-and the result turned out to be what you say –double trouble-the pain was still there and he was oxys addicted and I can tell you now the only way to deal with this double trouble situation is going to some rehab center for that is the only place your boyfriend could be dealing effectively with this oxys addiction situation.