I need some information how OxyContine works. My wife had terrible injury and since then she is on OxyContine treatment to relive the pain. I am worried that she may become addicted on OxyContine. Is it possible?

Well it is possible but most individuals who are prescribed OxyContin will not become addicted. They may become dependent on the drug and will experience withdrawal symptoms when use is stopped. OxyContin produces opiate-like effects. I know that it is sometimes used as a substitute for heroin. Illicit uses of OxyContin include crushing the tablet and ingesting or snorting it. Abusers mostly want to gain euphoric effects, relieve pain, and to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Those who take the OxyContin repeatedly can develop a tolerance or resistance to the drug's effects.

I had a total knee replacement on 7/5/07. After a long discussion with my surgeon, I was started on oxycontine for pain relief. I take it when I feel I need it. If an individual is not an addictive personality, there is little chance that they will become addicted to oxycontine.

This is bad information. OxyContin is to be prescribed only for patients who need continuous relief, not "as needed." So it's either a lie or a bad doctor. Most likely a lie, because if this person had a prescription, he or she would be able to see on the label how to spell the medication.

my friend is taking is taking oxycontin at 200mils and gabbypentin at 900mils a day for syringomyelia.his doctor told him yesterday that theres nothing more he can do for him,and all pain is the same?hes very down now.can you tell me what else he can try for his constant pain please.

go to a pain mgmt. doctor. Maybe fentanyl or methadone? ask.

hey i no more on Oxycontin and pain killer you can call for your supply and conslutations 

With out the pain medications she will not get up she will not be able to move you people have to stop with this addiction you will know if your wife is abusing. STOP STOP STOP the propaganda about pain meds. everyone is not an addict the DEA needs to go after the real crime barkers not the Doctors that are trying to relive chronic pain patient. Your wife will never be out of pain after a bad injury but will end her life if she dose not get relief. Make the choice. I do not need to tell you what the addicts are doing one kid took 30 pills now that is abuse not what your wife is on. And I am sorry for your wife's pain if your wife is in pain give her the glass of water to take that pain pill. Enough was taken from her.