My brother had a car accident 8 months ago and was hospitalized for the head and leg injury. He was in pain and was on vicodin to relive the pain but now I think he has got double problem-addiction and pain. He’s on a good way to become vicodin addicted for he runs of his vicodin dose prescribed in one month faster than 15 days and the pain is still there. So I’d appreciate to hear some info about addiction and pain and how to solve it. Thanks.

Yes, yes you have probably noticed it well. The important here is to be very careful when taking vicodin. It is really proved to be good pain reliever but when it’s not used on the prescribed way the person might get addicted and there you have a big problem. I don’t think your brother is addicted but if he’s behaving like that he might get into that position. He is more likely to be in so called dependent phase meaning he depends on vicodin for now for he seeks somehow to manage the pain. He needs to talk to his doc about possible side effects of viocodin overuse and he needs to be explained of the possibly addiction he is about to get and still the pain won’t go, in fact it might happen the pain to increase in addiction situation. So get him explained somehow that behaving like that he might get even worse kind of pains such as headache, mental and physical problems and if addicted he will have to past a withdrawal phase that also usually comes along with pain.