I am having a hard time dealing with an addict and I simply have no more clue what to do with this situation. My boyfriend is addicted to Oxycontin and he started taking it almost year and half ago to reduce his shoulders pain for he had some shoulder bone rupture earned in a mild car accident and he was prescribed Oxycontin 2 pills of 5mg daily just to deal with this pain but now the pain has almost gone and my boyfriend is still on Oxycontin snoring it each day-he is now at about 20-30 mg daily and is nervous when he runs out of it and is very aggressive lately and I am wondering what is the best way dealing with an addict?

The most effective way dealing with an addict of any sort of drug is making him/her go visit some rehab center, trust me that is the only way out of it. And being addicted to Oxycontin is very serious condition which demands prolonged rehab therapy consisted of group and personal counseling and some other combined drug addiction therapy-the family and friend's support is very important here for Oxycontin withdrawal symptoms are very tough to manage and a lot of patience and will is needed here so you should talk to him and make him get some medical care he obviously needs.