Woke up 5 mo ago with swollen lips,red. Then extremely chapped, peel, gets tiny bumps over upper lip. Used to last 3-4 days, now only goes away for 3-4 days at a time. Derm says perioral dermatitis., but 6 wks and cream not helping. Don't think its an allergy, cause it happens over nite not within 30 min like an allergic reaction. I'm in sales, and going crazy, Anyone, please help!

Try a clotrimazole cream. Purchase a generic tube of it at the drugstore in the antifungal section. Apply small amount to clean lips as if you would any balm and work it in. If it is fungal related the ointment will help heal cracked, dry and chapped lips skin quite fast.

OMG this is my problem , have you found out anything that works ? I have tryed everything. I have been going crazy for 16 months 3 doctors antibodies for 30 days and a number of creams. Please tell me if you found anything that works. Thank you

I am going on three YEARS!!.....Tried EVERYTHING!! Very discouraging. I've been to numerous doctors and specialists and have NO ANSWERS. Tried every over the counter medicine, prescription meds, steroids, HC cream, patch testing and biopsies by dermatologists.....etc...
I am going to try the vitamin B complex.....If anyone has any luck, please share!!
Thank you!

This is the short version and what worked -YES this will go away! I had symptoms of red, swollen, tingling, peeling, cracking lips. Other symptoms included swollen nose, oily face, sensitivity to light, and brain fog. My lips would swell at odd times and for no reason. I had recently become a vegetarian and had cut a mango and ate from the pit and then went outside. This happened a few weeks prior to the initial symptoms and doctors thought it was mango poisoning but this went on for years! I will tell you what worked and what didn't work. I ultimately think it was a bacterial infection most likely caused from vitamin deficiency although blood tests did not reveal any deficiencies. Perhaps I will never know but I would like to share my story to help ensure that no one ever has to go through years of suffering like I did.
Did NOT work: steroids, liquid Benadryl, allergy pills, Mupirocin topical antibiotic, changing toothpastes, laundry detergent, etc., oil pulling.
Started working: Praying and increasing my faith, oral Cephalex antibiotic and taking tablet vitamins B12, D3, Calcium, Biotin, and Iron, gargle with salt water and brush your tongue with salt water, praying and increasing my faith!
Please note I am not a doctor and you should consult a doctor but if nothing works for you then suggest what DID work for me to your doctor and start healing yourself. Please note symptoms might get worse before they get better as whatever this is exits your body but you WILL eventually get better and WILL have normal lips that do not peel again!!!