It is winter where I am and it's been quite cold, colder than in the last 20 years in fact! I seem to have developed a bad case of dry and chapped lips. It started back in September, and hasn't gone away since. I have tried labello, blistex, bees wax, vaseline, and some other remedies I don't remember now, and no matter what I do, it doesn't go away and sometimes I even start bleeding. 

As you can imagine, this is very unpleasant. And I am almost desperate to have a solution. I even find it hard to sleep at night because of the lips sometimes. 

Do you have anything that could help me not have dry, chapped lips anymore? Please do not suggest the products I already mentioned. 

I don't really know what to answer to that, because it sounds like you have tried an awful lot of different products already. I did just start a topic about making your own lip balm with shea butter, and got a good suggestion for a recipe that also involves coconut oil. Should you not have tried anything natural yet, now might be the time for you. Shea butter is meant to be extremely hydrating after all.

Obviously ignore this if you have already tried these things. In that case, frankly, I'd pop by my doctor for some medical advice because it sounds like these dry and bleeding lips are really giving you grief.

Whoah, that sounds like a nasty situation, definitely not something I'd be at all happy about!

You want to be drinking tons of water as well as making sure you have something hydrating on your lips all the time. None of the things you mentioned will work if you leave it too long between applications - you need a protective cover on your lips 24/7, pretty much. Natural butters like coconut butter will give you a better effect than vaseline, which seems hydrating but really covers your lips rather than putting anything absorbent on them. Keep that in mind, and hopefully you will be fine. 

I thought I would address some of the underlying causes of dry chapped lips. This may help you get to the bottom of your problem.

- Vitamin deficiencies
- Smoking
- Licking your lips all the time
- Allergic reactions

Do you think any of those could be responsible? Start with taking a daily multivitamin supplement, quit licking your lips and ask yourself if any of the products you use could contain ingredients you could be allergic or sensitive to. Of course if you are smoking, the advice is always the same, and that is to stop.

I like Palmer's Cocao Butter Formula Lip Butter for severely dry lips myself, but I also agree that if you literally gave dry and chapped lips "all the time", you should not feel weird about seeing a doctor. I do not want to scare you, but constantly chapped lips can even be the result of more serious underlying medical conditions sometimes. That is unlikely of course, but there's nothing wrong with simply having it looked at so you at least know there is no need to worry about that! Besides, chapped lips are a pain, so if a doctor has a fix for you, that would be nice. 

I know my sister complains about dry lips all the time... then when I see her, yeah, her lips are all dry and chapped, flaking off at the sides... and she got no ointment on them!!! I try to remind her that if she wants it to stop, she really should have stuff on her lips all the time or the flakes will irritate her and she'll lick her lips, which is only gonna make things worse because that's dehydrating. Or if she doesn't like her lips, she could start peeling the skin off and make it bleed. Just saying... if you want to have well hydrated lips once they are already in that state that's not going away by itself. You have to keep on top of it!

Hello, I have chapped lips too. It took me a while to find something that actually works. Now, I know some things that work. I first tried Labello Peach Shine. That didn't work. It only made my lips smell like peach. After that I found some things that help. Okay so I looked on the internet and I found honey helps. Just apply it on your lips a thew times a day. I actually use honey for a lot of things, but I never knew it helps with chapped lips. I also heard that coconut oil, and castor oil will soothe your lips. In the shops, I also found a cream called Blistex. It helped my lips pretty well. Those are some tips. Good luck with your chapped lips! :)